Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bacchus Roti (Toronto)

Toronto has some of the best vegan and vegetarian friendly restaurants around. So throughout this blog CC and I will be posting some of our favorite dishes from these restaurants. Hopefully we will turn you on to something new.


Bacchus Roti (LINK)

     Sweet, spicy, delicious and filling! Bacchus, a Guyanese and Barbadian restaurant located in the heart of  Toronto's Parkdale neighbourhood serves up the most delicious veggie roti. I was introduced to this place back in 1995 when I first moved to Toronto. My meat loving friends always order the goat, shrimp with cheese or chicken roti, while I, having never even heard of roti and was not too keen on the sound of goat or shrimp or even chicken roti for that matter, decided to play it safe by ordering the potato, chana and spinach roti. That did it for me. This place is #1 in my books (and I have tried others - believe me). Below is a photo of the potato and chana roti with spinach and squash added in. This a killer combo. Seriously. -B




No comments:

Post a Comment